- No other Gods before me.
I’m to be your first priority.
- Nothing should be your idol.
Keep your life pure.
- Don’t use my name when cussing.
Understanding this can bring humility.
- Keep Sundays Holy.
Resting one day a week is a wonderful thing.
- Honor your father and mother.
Doing so will bless your life.
- Killing is not good.
Love is a much better way.
- Committing adultery tears people apart.
Learning intimacy will bring people together.
- Don’t take what isn’t yours.
If you do, you’ll never learn to trust.
- Lying is a bad idea.
Honesty is always the way to go.
- You shouldn’t want what isn’t yours.
Contentment brings peace to your life.
God didn’t come up with these 10 commandments to make your life miserable. He didn’t do it so we would become “religious”, and start a bunch of denominations with a list of “rules” to live by. He gave us these principles, to live by, so we could relate to him better, and with each other.
Copyright © 2018 Mark Brady, All rights reserved