by guest blogger Lydia Floren
Everyone loves to laugh. Why is that?
- Laughter is infectious. If you are around someone who is bent over laughing (and also maybe about to pee their pants if they are a certain age), you immediately smile. And if they keep on laughing, even if they don’t say a word, you start to laugh with them, and try to get their attention to find out what is so funny, so you can share the joke.
- Laughter, like a good cry, is soul cleansing –but unlike tears, laughter doesn’t usually leave you exhausted or melancholy. On the contrary, it is invigorating.
- Laughter is bright. Not in an ethereal-luminous-sort of way, but in a blinding-flash-of-light kind of way. In fact, you could say
Laughter is audible sunshine.
Laughter is refreshing, especially when someone is laughing at themselves. It reminds you not to take yourself too seriously.
- Laughter is a game changer.When your sense of humor is tickled, and you start to laugh, whatever foul mood, or pity party, you might be experiencing tends to evaporate.
- Laughter is a gift from God. Think about it: God invented laughter, just as He did everything else we know and experience. He programmed us each with our funny-o-meter. And here’s an interesting concept: God laughs.
God laughs? Of course He does. In fact, I bet He laughs a lot. No one could create some of the amazing quirky creatures in our world without a lively sense of humor. He surely chuckles, as any loving parent would, at the many funny things we say and do. And He must certainly laugh – in that deep satisfied way – when his children step into joy.
You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Psalm 16:11 NASB
Joy is the hallmark of a person who lives in God’s presence. Such a person loves. And smiles. And laughs.
You might say
Joy = Love + Laughter.
Copyright © 2016 belovedlove, All rights reserved.
website = Belovedlove
Her mailing address is:
3712 Trails Ct.
Eau Claire, WI 54701