Ya know, sometimes God words things just right. Good enough to convey His point clearly, so I give you God. He will be quoting His original writing from Amos chapter 5, verses 7 – 14.
7) Woe to you who turn justice to vinegar and stomp righteousness into the mud.
8) Do you realize where you are? You’re in a cosmos star-flung with constellations by God, A world God wakes up each morning and puts to bed each night. God dips water from the ocean and gives the land a drink. GOD, God-revealed, does all this.
9) And he can destroy it as easily as make it. He can turn this vast wonder into total waste
10) People hate this kind of talk. Raw truth is never popular.
11) But here it is, bluntly spoken: Because you run roughshod over the poor and take the bread right out of their mouths, You’re never going to move into the luxury homes you have built. You’re never going to drink wine from the expensive vineyards you’ve planted.
12) I know precisely the extent of your violations, the enormity of your sins. Appalling! You bully right-living people, taking bribes right and left and kicking the poor when they’re down.
13) Justice is a lost cause. Evil is epidemic. Decent people throw up their hands. Protest and rebuke are useless, a waste of breath.
14) Seek good and not evil– and live! You talk about GOD, the God-of-the-Angel-Armies, being your best friend. Well, live like it, and maybe it will happen.
Copyright © 2017 Mark Brady, All rights reserved
One thought on “Hereeeeee’s God”
God’s truth is intoxicating- continue to speak it.